Sunday 19 October 2008

Lazy Sundays - Episode 10

Currently Listening To:

AC/DC - Thunderstruck, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, TNT, Born To Be Wild, Hells Bells, etc.
Coldplay - Lost!
MGMT - Kids
Sia - Soon We'll Be Found
The Kooks - Sway (Yes, I'm still listening...)


Plans for my Birthday:
Bowling with the familia on Thursday night and then dinner. Perhaps going out with friends after, but I haven't really planned anything. Then on Friday we're all off to Yorkshire to visit Grahame's mum!


Funny thought of the day:
I have been here 6 weeks and only used up 5 quid of my Pay-As-You-Go (called "Top Up" here) cell phone plan. I have 15 quid left. Crazy right? I've been very stingy when it comes to using my cell phone, and it's all paid off! But now that I know that's how little I've spent, I'm probably going to end up using it a lot more because now I know.


Fun Thing of the Weekend:

Went to a mansion yesterday where the Wilkinsons have friends there. I think it was in the town of Crichley or something like that. Anyway, the family lives in the stables area of the mansion, which is still pretty huge, but of course they have access to the entire grounds which happens to include a little lake and a gigantic field and garden and well, just awesomeness. I only took a few pictures unfortunately though cause my camera ran out of batteries. So, if you have trouble picturing what the place may have looked like, picture Pride and Prejudice! Yes, it was that awesome.


New Words & Pronunciations:

"Leg it" - it means "book it" in Canadian, which means "go quickly" in adult
"Reckon" - we all know what it means, it's just used a lot more here
"Shish ke BAB" - as opposed to us saying "shish ke BOB"
"Bear Bear" - M's bear which is not pronounced "bear" but rather, "b-air b-air" (think a snooty peson saying their "A" words lol

I have so many more but whenever I have to write them down, I can never remember them!

OH! Their version of the Hookey Pookey is so weird! I don't like it! lol It's called Oogie Boogie or something and it goes like this:

You put your right arm in
You put your right arm out
You put your right arm in
Out, In, Out
And you shake it all about
You do the oogie boogie and turn yourself around
That's what it's all about

OOOOooooo oogie boogie woogie
OOOOoooo oogie boogie woogie
Etc.

It's the "chorus" that's just weird lol. I will sing it for you on camera one time so you can hear it and agree with me!!


Peace Out A-Town,

H-Po

1 comment:

ytam said...

BOOOOOK IT! lol that reminds me of Spanish Class, grade 12!

So snow over there yet?!? I've heard you have had a little bit of snow already... fun times?

hehe i love the pictures of the GIGANTIC house by the way! teehehe

Keep it real, homeslice!
Peace out.. A-Town... down? lol
Ytam!